May is National Bike Month and May 15-19th is National Bike to Work Week. The City of Columbus, Healthy Communities and Cummins are encouraging residents to Bike to Work on Friday, May 19th. Residents are invited to ride to work from various areas of the community.
Groups will be meeting at the following locations to ride downtown. There will be lead riders at all locations to provide route information. All locations will leave at 7:15 a.m., so please arrive early. The ride will end at the Cummins Irwin Conference Center Plaza, on 5th Street in downtown Columbus, for a celebration and light breakfast.
- North Christian Church (meet at the Sycamore Street side) – You will be joined by Mayor Jim Lienhoop on this route.
- Westside (meet at the Papa’s Grill parking area) – Westside citizens should plan to meet here at 7:00 a.m. and riders will leave at 7:15 a.m. This is the designated Cummins Bike to Work Route.
- Blackwell Park/Parkside Area (meet in the parking lot west of the soccer fields)
- Haw Creek Trail (meet at the intersection of 30th Street and Griffa Avenue)
- Eastside Community Center
CAMPO and the City of Columbus will provide a light breakfast for cyclists from 7:30-8:30 a.m. at the Cummins Irwin Conference Center Plaza at 5th and Washington Streets. Riders are encouraged to have lights and wear a helmet.
For more information and a calendar of all the Bike Month events, visit www.gohealthycolumbus.org