Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbus Police Department Now Accepting Applications
The Columbus Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of police officer. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and less than 36 years of age when hired. Prospective applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and complete all aspects of the hiring process and training program. College graduates and military veterans are encouraged to apply. Applications can be downloaded online or picked up in the Personnel Office inside Columbus City Hall. Applications will also be available in the Columbus Human Rights Office.
The 2017 starting salary for a Patrol Officer is $48,458.00. Benefits include: assigned “take home” patrol car, 8.5 hour shift with two weekends off per month, vacation time and paid holidays, shift differential pay (5% for 2nd shift and 10% for 3rd shift), college credit allowance up to $2,850.00, military incentive pay up to $1424.00, longevity pay up to $6,250.00, clothing allowance of $900 per year, and specialty unit pay up to $3000.00 per year. PERF retirement is available after 20 years of service.
Additional details can be found at http://www.columbus.in.gov/police/about/careers/. Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2017. The first step of the testing process, a written test, will be offered on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
For additional information contact:
Lt. D. Matthew Harris – Public Relations Officer
City of Columbus
Applications can be picked up in the Personnel Office at Columbus City Hall, 123 Washington Street, Columbus IN 47201 or obtained online at www.columbus.in.gov on the Career Link.
Date of Request: September 18, 2017
Date Required: ASAP
Department: Columbus City Utilities, Water & Wastewater Field Operations
Position Title: FIELD OPERATIONS CLERK
Name of Supervisor: John Gulley, Field Operations Supervisor
Salary Range: Minimum $ 15.00 Maximum $ 19.00
Working Hours: 7 AM – 4 PM, Monday – Friday
Type of Position: Full Time
Application Deadline: September 25, 2017
General Summary: Provide clerical duties for the Water Distribution Department and Wastewater Collection Department to insure the efficient operation of both departments.
Columbus Parks and Recreation Department
Position Title: Customer Service Specialist
Application Deadline: September 27, 2017
Status: Salary Non-Exempt
2017 Salary Range: $26,237-$37,483
Department: Parks and Recreation
Reports to: Director of Business Services
Supervises: 0 employees
Summary of Functional Responsibilities:
Clerical position providing administrative staff support and customer service for area citizens requiring knowledge of the department and community resources.
The City of Columbus Fire Department is seeking motivated individuals who are interested in a career in Firefighting.
Application Deadline: October 6, 2017 4:00 p.m.
Requirements for Employment:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid Driver’s License
- Must successfully complete all phases of the hiring process to be considered for employment
- Must be at least 21 years old to apply and not older than 36 years old when sworn in
POSITION: Part-time Kennel Assistant
Supervised By: Animal Care Services General Manager, Animal Care Enforcement Manager
Wage: $7.25 to $10.00 per hour
- A Kennel Assistant provides humane care and treatment to animals housed at the Columbus Animal Care Services Center; is responsible for operating and maintaining the facility on a daily basis including cleaning, proper feeding of animals, minor maintenance, intake of fines and fees, preparation of paperwork, and entering of data. In addition, the part-time Kennel Assistant serves as a receptionist for the Columbus Animal Care Services Center, greeting visitors and accepting payments; as an initial contact to the Center, the Kennel Assistant must be able to respond to complaints and requests for information. This is a part-time position and this employee is not provided with any benefits (such as health insurance, paid time off, etc.). This employee shall work no more than 1559 hours per year. A part-time Kennel Assistant will work, on average, 20-29 hours a week, but may work as many as 40 hours a week, as scheduling is flexible.