Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com
Applications can be picked up in the Personnel Office at Columbus City Hall, 123 Washington Street,
Columbus IN 47201 or obtained online at www.columbus.in.gov on the Career Link.
Date of Request: 06/15/2017
Date Required: ASAP
Department: Traffic Department
Position Title: Driver 1
Name of Supervisor: Traffic Foreman / Department of Public Works Director
Salary Range: $13.19/hour – $18.83/hour
Working Hours: 7am-3pm, Monday-Friday. Holidays, weekends, and overtime, as required
Type of Position: Full-time, hourly
Application Deadline: 06/30/2017
General Summary: Maintain traffic control devices. Paint lane and curb markings. Fabricate and install traffic signage. Perform traffic counts and compile data. Maintain traffic signals. Perform related work required. Can be called out after hours and be required to work long hours on short notice.
Columbus Police Department Full-Time Officer
JOB TITLE: Full-Time Police Officer
The City of Columbus Police Department is seeking motivated individuals who are interested in a career in law enforcement.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017
Requirements for Employment:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid Driver’s License
- Must successfully complete all phases of the hiring process to be considered for employment
- Must be at least 21 years old and not older than 36 years old when sworn-in
POSITION: Part-time Kennel Assistant
Supervised By: Animal Care Services General Manager, Animal Care Enforcement Manager
Wage: $7.25 to $10.00 per hour
- A Kennel Assistant provides humane care and treatment to animals housed at the Columbus Animal Care Services Center; is responsible for operating and maintaining the facility on a daily basis including cleaning, proper feeding of animals, minor maintenance, intake of fines and fees, preparation of paperwork, and entering of data. In addition, the part-time Kennel Assistant serves as a receptionist for the Columbus Animal Care Services Center, greeting visitors and accepting payments; as an initial contact to the Center, the Kennel Assistant must be able to respond to complaints and requests for information. This is a part-time position and this employee is not provided with any benefits (such as health insurance, paid time off, etc.). This employee shall work no more than 1559 hours per year. A part-time Kennel Assistant will work, on average, 20-29 hours a week, but may work as many as 40 hours a week, as scheduling is flexible.