The City of Columbus Engineering Department provides engineering guidance to the Mayor, other city departments, boards, and commissions concerning the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of private and public works projects involving roads, storm drainage, sidewalks, and accessibility. The Engineering Department also provides guidance to insure adherence to the appropriate standards and guidelines.
- Direction of activities for all public construction in the City corporate limits
- Plan review of all new construction and site inspection
- Planning, designing, and overseeing capital public works projects
- Maintaining the City's GIS software
- Maintaining construction records
- Issuing permits and inspecting work within the City Right-of-Way.
The Engineering Department is located on the second floor of City Hall.