Please read these directions prior to submitting a Request for Special Use of Right of Way
Requests are reviewed (approved/denied/modified) weekly on Tuesdays at the 10:00 AM Board of Public Works and Safety meetings.
In the event of holidays/elections, refer to the City calendar.
Requests must be received no later than end of business day Thursday, the week prior to the Tuesday Board of Public Works and Safety meeting.
- For Requests in the Downtown Area of 2nd Street to 7th Street and Brown Street to Franklin Street, petitioners will be required to notify affected businesses prior to Board of Works review. Notification page(s) will be provided by the Engineering Department after submittal of a Request in this defined area.
- Prior to submitting a Request for a 5K run/walk:
~Please contact Parks and Recreation if your proposed route includes a City park or portion of the People Trail. Contact Kathy McPeek at firstname.lastname@example.org
~Please contact the Columbus Police Department to inform them of the proposed event. Contact Matt Harris at email@example.com
~After you have communicated with both Parks and CPD, proceed with submitting the Request for Special Use of Right of Way and include the results of those conversations.
An attachment is required for any type of Request. Use Google or eGIS to show location of proposed closure(s). Or attach a site plan, route map, event flyer.
- Show location/layout of event
- Route map for 5K run/walk event
- Mark the parking spaces needed
- Show traffic control for lane closure(s)
- Mark location to set dumpster
- Mark sidewalk to be closed