1. What should my child wear to class? Something that is comfortable that they can move freely in. Shorts & t-shirts are fine (no baggy shorts or shirts please). The little girls like to wear leotards, but they are not required. Please do not allow your child to wear jeans to class. We also ask that children with long hair wear it up pulled up back out of their face & no jewelry should be worn.
2. Should my child wear socks or be barefoot? This is up to each individual child. Socks or barefoot- either is fine.
3. My child is ____(age)-what class should I enroll my child in?
Walkers-age 2: Fun Walkers (parent participation required)
Age 2: Fun Tots 2 (parent participation required)
Ages 3-4: Fun Tots 3-4 or Adv. Fun Tots 4 yrs-Instructor referral required for Adv. Fun Tots 4 yrs
Ages 5-7 (boys & girls): *Kids Fun 3 for those with little or no gymnastics
*Kids Fun 4 for those who have tested out of Kids
Fun 3. Instructor referral required for Kids Fun 4.
Girls ages 8-15: *Girls Beginning 1-2 for those with little or no gymnastics
background & who want to work on all Olympic apparatus
(balance beam, uneven bars, vault, trampoline & floor).
*Girls 3-4 for those who have tested out of Girls 1-2.
Instructor referral required for Girls 3-4.
Boys (ages 5-12): Boys only class that will work on beginning skills on floor,
trampoline, bars & vault.
4. What if my child wants to only learn skills on the floor? Your child should register for one of our tumbling classes (class for 5-7 yrs or 8-15 yrs) or back handspring class (ages 6-15). In these classes the participants do not work on bars, beam or vault. They will only work on skills on the floor & the trampoline.
5. What is your make up policy? Children who miss a class during a regular class session will be allowed to attend one open gym session at no cost. Please ask at the desk for a pass to attend an open gym session.
6. Where do we check in for classes? Once you have registered your child for a class, you will enter the Gymnastics Center & proceed to our counter/desk in the facility. There you will find laminated sheets with the title of your child’s class & name tags for each child. Find your child’s name tag & place it on your child’s chest where our instructors can see it. Then you can sit on the bleachers until it’s your child’s class time. Our instructors will take attendance during the warm up period.
7. How do I know when it’s OK for my child to enter the activity space for class? Our instructors will call out the classes by class title at the start of the class time & your child will line up by the “snake” on the wall & then follow the instructors out to the activity floor for warm-up & stretching.
*All classes have a short warm up period/stretching period as a large group & then break off into their separate classes.
8. Do you offer a discount? Yes, if more than one child in the same family registers for a class or a child is registered for more than one class in the same session, you qualify for a $5 discount on the 2nd child or 2nd class. You must register in person or by phone to receive discount. The discount is not available with on-line registration.