The City of Columbus Yard Waste Program runs from March through December. We suggest City residents cut grass high and let the clippings remain on your lawn. This acts as a free fertilizer as well as a weed inhibitor.
- If you choose not to participate in the compost program you may bag your compost material and bring it to the compost site located at the Department of Public Works. You will then empty your bags into the compost row and take your bags back with you.
- Grass, leaves, flowers, garden waste, weeds, pine needles/cones & green hedge trimmings placed in your yard waste toter will be collected by City crews curbside only. (No household trash or anything woody.)
- Trash toters / recycling toters can NOT be used for yard waste.
- Collection will be the same day of your trash toter pickup (please allow for 2 feet on either side to allow for easy pickup); all toters must be out by 7:00 a.m.
- Material must be free from any other debris.
- Place these items from the list above in your TRASH toter (not yard waste toter):
– Fruit/gum ball
– Roots/vines/wood chips/rose bushes