Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Rich Stenner, Steve Champion, George Van Horn
Absent—Jim Lienhoop, Matt Souza
Guest—Kristi Belcher, Sharon Renfro, Paul Minnis, Dave Hayward, Terry Coriden, and Anne
2) Approval of Minutes—Motion was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by George Van Horn. Minutes were approved.
a. September 14, 2009
3) Phase II approval—We have completed Phase I for the REMC property. There were two proposals. It was recommended that we do a Phase II on the property for some areas that needed further investigation. The proposal that Ed recommends is August Mack. There proposal is for $14,795. This is to make sure that the property is environmentally safe and see if there is anything that needs to be remediated. If anything needs to be remediated REMC will take action to remediate it and have stated they will pay half the cost of Phase II. They difference between the proposals was $10,000-$11,000. Motion is to approve was made by George Van Horn and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved.
4) Claims—Motion was made by George Van Horn and seconded by Rich Stenner. Claims were approved.
5) None at this time
6) Staff Report—Dunlap has started construction on the Commons. Jackson St. demo has started and will be complete in mid-November. The sidewalk will be opened through the Commons construction but the street will not open until the Commons opens up in March 2011. The sidewalk will be closed for a month. The construction for the housing around 2nd St. Garage is to start in October. The construction for the Indoor Sports Complex will start in the Spring of next year and will be completed by Thanksgiving next year. IDEM is working on the comfort letter this week. We have been talking to the developer for the ski lakes to find out how to move the project forward. We have met with the downtown merchants and they have given approval for the fee based parking in the garages. Some thought that it was generous to give free parking and others thought that there should be 3 hours free. We will be setting up two public meetings about this issue. Ed is working with Jeff Bergman on the height variance issue to come up with solutions for the commission. The elevator in the Jackson St. Garage is not working but we are getting information on when it will be fixed. First Financial and FDIC are leasing out spaces in the garage on a daily bases. The Sears block tenants are not happy about Jackson St. closing. We are having a meeting to come up with a solution to the issue. There is an opportunity to capture funds for improvement to 4th St.