Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Rich Stenner, and George Van Horn (Have quorum)
Absent—Jim Lienhoop, Matt Souza, Dr. Steve Champion
Guest—Kristi Belcher, E.R. Gray, Paul Minnis, Ann DeVore, Terry Coriden, Max Bumbalough, Mayor Fred Armstrong
2) Approval of Minutes—Motion to approve the minutes was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by George Van Horn. Minutes were approved.
a. January 11, 2010
3) Proposal for Master plan of Ski Lake complex—ISMF has given a gift of up to 600,000 cubic yards and a grant for up to $100,000 for a master plan for the Ski Lake Complex. Mike Van Valkenbergs has submitted a proposal that is acceptable by IMSF. This is for the use of professional services. The total amount of the master plan was $97,970. The motion to approve the proposal for the master plan was made by Rich Stenner and approved by George Van Horn.
4) Riverfront licenses—No motion was taken on this item. Bistro 310, Tre Bicchieri, and The Garage Pub & Grill have their riverfront licenses. The Fork has a meeting this month while Brix Haus is waiting for development to move forward before filing with the state. According to Max Bumbalough it took about 60-70 days to go through the whole process of obtaining a riverfront license. There was discussion about going back to City Council to obtain more riverfront licenses to offer potential developers since there are more opportunities within the area. There is a concern of not having liquor licenses to offer potential developers and that we shouldn’t be left without any licenses. There was discussion about putting a timeframe on how long it takes for a business to file and go through the process of obtaining a license. Another discussion item was on the definition of “family friendly” restaurants.
5) Claims—There were 5 dockets of claims. Motion to approve claim was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by George Van Horn. Motion was approved.
6) Staff Report—Ed Curtin reported that most of the steel for the Commons is complete. We will be having a topping out ceremony this Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. This will allow the community to sign the last beam to be erected. The Indoor and Outdoor Sports Complexes and Ski Lakes are continuing to move forward. We anticipate that construction for the Indoor Sports Complex and the Housing project will start this year.