Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Rich Stenner, Jim Lienhoop, Matt Souza
Absent—George Van Horn
Guests—Kristi Putnam, Ann DeVore, Courtney Schaffsma, Bruce Donaldson, Terry Coriden, Sharon Renfro, Max Lemley, Paul Minnis, Dave Hayward, Kristen Brown, Corey Carr, Jane Hendrickson, Jim Clouse
2) Approval of Minutes
a. June 7, 2010—Motion was made to approve the minutes by Jim Lienhoop and seconded by Rich Stenner. Minutes were approved unanimously.
b. June 15, 2010—Motion was made to approve the minutes by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Minutes were approved unanimously.
3) Tax Abatement Request—Presented by Jim Clouse. Terry Coriden will not provide counsel on this issue due to conflict of interest. Bruce Donaldson will provide counsel on this issue. This is for C&R Realty Investments, LLC for property located at 445 5th St. in Columbus. The request is for 6 years. The property will be a mixed use property that will be used for retail space, office space, conferencing center, and residential space. The investment will be a total of $800,000. It will add estimated 15-20 jobs with a total of about $600,000 in salaries. Since it is a historical building it will need to comply with the historical regulations. Motion to accept request for tax abatement was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved with the exception of Jim Lienhoop who abstained due to a business relationship with client.
4) AV Resolution—Every year the commission needs to create projections for the next year. In 2011 we recommend that we release AV with the exception of Menards. The reason is because the Menards project was underway while the commission was being formed. Motion to release AV with the exception of Menards was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
5) TIF Commitment Resolution—This is for housing project called The Cole. It is a mixed use with 146 1-2 bedroom apartments with 9,000 sq ft of retail space on the first floor. The project is looking to start construction late summer/early fall 2010. City Council approved the first reading 6-1 of the Economic Development Bonds. The TIF commitment is the last puzzle piece to get financing. Without it the project would not move forward. The Cole would be owned by Buckingham. Columbus is not providing any funds to this project.
6) Approve Contracts for:--This is to approve the contracts for each project listed below. Motion to approve the contracts pending final review by Terry Coriden for Tom Vujovich to sign after final sign off was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
a. 4th Street
b. Outdoor Sports
c. Outdoor Borrow Site
7) Reporting Process for CDI—Terry Coriden presented. Terry Coriden recommended that CDI enter into a contract with a independent consultant chosen by the Redevelopment Commission for financial reports. There would be an amendment to the master lease with CDI by January/February of next year. Each year in March the Redevelopment Commission will obtain the reports from CDI. The Commission will be asking CDI to enter in to an agreement with Crowe. The commission asked to pursue it.
8) RFP/RFQ for market/feasibility study for Indoor Sports complex—This is to solicite RFP/RFQ to the public to help with the funding of the project. This is a bonding project now instead of private. The bonding company will be looking for this study. The commission authorized to move forward.
9) Claims—Motion to approve claims was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Claims were approved unanimously.
10) None at this time
11) Staff Report—Commons is underway. We are working on housing and both Indoor and Outdoor Sports Complexes. Having lots of interest in the Downtown Columbus from developers. Glenn Garies is doing a 5 year update on the development plan.