The Redevelopment Commission met in an executive meeting Monday, April 4, 2011 at 12:00 p.m., at 123 Washington St. in the Legal Library, chaired by Tom Vujovich. Other commission members present were: Rich Stenner, Matt Souza, and John Anderson. Also present were: Ed Curtin, Director and Terry Coriden, Attorney.
Matters discussed during the executive meeting were those matters previously advertised in the public notice. The board hereby certifies that no decisions were made and that only matters as advertised were discussed.
Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Rich Stenner, Matt Souza, and John Anderson
Absent—George Van Horn and Jim Lienhoop
Guests—Kristi Putnam, Terry Coriden, Paul Minnis, Max Lemley, Mike Lovelace, Glenn Petri, Frank Miller, Richard Posey, Michael Reed, Mayor Fred Armstrong
2) Approval of Minutes—The motion to approve the minutes as submitted was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
a. March 7, 2011
3) First Financial Site Plan—The commission took action on the building plans in July of 2008. This is part of an agreement between Cummins and First Financial with First Financial needs the Redevelopments approval of the site plan. The property in which the First Financial corporate offices and branch will be located is bound by Brown St., Lindsey Street, 2nd Street, and 3rd Street. K4 representatives presented the site plan to the commission. The building will be about 25,000 sq. ft with 76 total employees and has roughly 83 parking spaces for both their employees and visitors. It is a $3.5 million investment. They are working with INDOT, Columbus Planning and Columbus Engineer Departments for approvals. The differences with this plan from the previous plan are the drive-thru location and the layout of the floor plan. Motion to approve the site plan contingent upon the approvals from INDOT, Planning, and Engineering with no changes present was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
4) Claims—The motion to approve the claims as submitted was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by Matt Souza. Motion was approved unanimously.
5) None at this time
6) Staff Report—Last week we had two public meeting over the Outdoor Sports Complex that generated a lot of response from the community. The comments written by those who attended will be taken to Plan Commission on the 13th of April. The Indoor Sports Complex is continuing to move forward. The Commons is near completion with the playground left for installing the equipment. Will have grand opening during the first neighborhood fest. The Housing is still working its way through HUD. There has been a delay in the opening of Jackson Street to vehicular traffic due to signal. Will open up at the end of June. We had a public meeting for the 4th Street Improvements. We will meet with the consultants over the comments received. Blackwell Soccer will go out to bid around early May. The discussion then opened up to the public where Mike Lovelace asked questions about the Outdoor Sports Complex and the amount of dirt that was being moved. He also stated that he’d like to see financial records for the Blackwell Soccer Complex. Max Lemley also spoke up about how he’d like to see more LEED certified building within the downtown area. He stated that the bank would make for a good candidate.
We will be moving the May meeting to May 9th, 2011