The Redevelopment Commission met in an executive meeting Monday, June 6, 2011 at 12:00 p.m., at 123 Washington St. in the Legal Library, chaired by Rich Stenner. Other commission members present were: Jim Lienhoop, Matt Souza, and John Anderson. Also present were: Ed Curtin, Director and Terry Coriden, Attorney.
Matters discussed during the executive meeting were those matters previously advertised in the public notice. The board hereby certifies that no decisions were made and that only matters as advertised were discussed.
Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Rich Stenner, Jim Lienhoop, Matt Souza, and John Anderson
Absent—Al Degner and George Van Horn
Guests—Ed Curtin, Kristi Putnam, Terry Coriden, Sharon Renfro, Ann DeVore, Dave Hayward, Jason Hester, Pat Wilson, Paul Minnis, Glen Petri, Kristen Brown, BCA consultants, Joe Willy consultants
2) Approval of Minutes—Motion to approve the last three commission meeting minutes as submitted was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
a. June 6, 2011
b. June 30, 2011
c. July 11, 2011
3) Additional Services – BCA - Remediation Project—This is to conduct borings and testing for the quantity of hazardous material on site in order to help determine how to dispose of the material. We should get results back by September 1st. The amount for the additional services is $125, 985. The motion to approve additional services was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
4) Joe Willy’s Riverfront application—this application is for a restaurant in the northern end of the Riverfront District located on the SW corner of 11th and Washington Street. It is a non-smoking, family oriented restaurant. The restaurant proposes to have seating for 80 and will employ approximately 20 individuals. The subcommittee met with the applicant and favorably recommends the application to the commission. The motion to approve the recommendation was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
5) Technology Park Certification Agreement – Columbus Airport 1—This is a revision to the existing agreement on the Airport and covers the extension of the park to downtown.
6) Technology Park Certification Agreement – Columbus 2 (Downtown) —This a modeled on the agreement on the Airport. This allows the State to capture incremental property and sales tax. The city will use this money to help construct the Cummins parking garage. It was opened up to a public hearing in which Glen Petri asked questions. Ed Curtin answered the questions accordingly. Motion to approve the agreements contingent upon approval of legal counsel was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
7) Change Order – Blackwell Soccer Complex—The change order is to allow for an additional irrigation line and the changes associated with the system due to additional earthwork that was performed. The cost is approximately $4,000. The work should be done by August 15th. Motion to approve the change order was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
8) Claims—There were two dockets. Motion to approve the claims as submitted was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approve unanimously.
9) None at this time
10) Staff Report—We received a permit from the DNR for construction in a floodway on the borrow site. The Outdoor Sports Complex construction will comply with the ruling prior to any new rules about construction in a floodway due to prior approval from the Plan Commission. We are still waiting on ruling from judge on the Outdoor Sports Complex. Scotty’s and Puccini’s restaurants are underway for construction in the Commons. IUCAD in near completion. Will be complete in mid August. The Cole is finalizing there financing and transfer of property.