The Redevelopment Commission met in an executive meeting Monday, February 7, 2011 at 12:00 p.m., at 123 Washington St. in the Legal Library, chaired by Tom Vujovich. Other commission members present were: George Van Horn, Rich Stenner, and John Anderson. Also present were: Ed Curtin, Director and Terry Coriden, Attorney.
Matters discussed during the executive meeting were those matters previously advertised in the public notice. The board hereby certifies that no decisions were made and that only matters as advertised were discussed.
Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Rich Stenner, John Anderson, George Van Horn,
Absent—Jim Lienhoop and Matt Souza
Guests—Kristi Putnam, Mike Lovelace, Max Lemley, Chip Orben, Mark Jones, Paul Minnis, Jim Dietz, Ann DeVore, Sharon Renfro, Dave Hayward, Mayor Armstrong, Terry Coriden, Ben Wagner, Julie Abadien, Andrea Davis, Travis Tindall, and 4 Express Club employees
2) Approval of Minutes—Motion to approve the minutes as submitted was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by George Van Horn. Minutes were approved unanimously.
a. January 10, 2011
3) Resolution for grant – Indiana University Center for Art and Design–Columbus (IUCAD-Columbus)—This action item was approved at our last commission meeting. No action is needed to be taken.
4) The Fork Riverfront license renewal—This is for an annual renewal for the Riverfront license. The Fork provided a business update that in which is consistent with the guidelines. The motion for a favorable recommendation to the Mayor was made by George Van Horn and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
5) Blackwell Soccer complex request—This is a request of up to $350,000 from the Airport TIF for improvements to the soccer fields. This is to help take the field play to the next level for tournament play. The improvements would be a publicly bided. The discussion was opened to the public where Mike Lovelace asked what Express Club invested. Chip Orben answered his question. The commission wanted to see a business plan, financial plan, and Phase 1 &2 costs before making a decision. This item has been tabled to next month’s commission meeting.
6) Claims—Motion to approve the claims as submitted was made by George Van Horn and seconded by Rich Stenner. Claims were approved unanimously.
7) None at this time
8) Staff Report—CDI will have full 2010 financial reports at next month’s commission meeting. There has been an increase in leases in the Jackson Street Garage. All access passes have been issued to Cummins employees for the 2nd Street Garage. To date there has not been any major issues with the control system. We will have the feasibility study ready for next month’s commission meeting. We are going to Planning Commission for the Outdoor Sports Complex’s site plan. The 2nd reading for the annexation and zoning of the Outdoor Sports Complex at City Council is February 15th.