The Redevelopment Commission met in an executive meeting Monday, January 10, 2011 at 12:00 p.m., at 123 Washington St. in the Legal Library, chaired by Tom Vujovich. Other commission members present were: George Van Horn, Matt Souza, Rich Stenner, and Jim Lienhoop. Also present were: Ed Curtin, Director and Terry Coriden, Attorney.
Matters discussed during the executive meeting were those matters previously advertised in the public notice. The board hereby certifies that no decisions were made and that only matters as advertised were discussed.
Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, George Van Horn, Matt Souza, Jim Lienhoop, Rich Stenner
Guests—Kristi Putnam, Jack Hess, John Burnett, Ann DeVore, Mike Lovelace, Max Lemley, Dave Hayward, Sharon Renfro, Terry Coriden, Kristen Brown, Jason Hester
There was a revision in the agenda to include the Election of Commission members for the term year 2011.
2) Election of Commission—Matt Souza made the motion to recommend the election of Tom Vujovich as Chair, Rich Stenner as Vice Chair, and George Van Horn as Secretary. Jim Lienhoop seconded the motion. Motion was approved unanimously.
3) Approval of Minutes—Motion to accept the minutes as submitted was made by George Van Horn and seconded by Matt Souza. Motion was approved unanimously.
a. December 6, 2010
4) Resolution for NuSun commitment—Jason Hester presented. It is an investment into the building and equipment. The commission will get the money back if NuSun becomes in-operational. This resolution is dependent on a grant from the state. After they receive the grant there will be a 30 day period for public comment. This was opened up to public discussion. Mike Lovelace asked to know more about the company in which Jason Hester gave some background on NuSun. Motion to adopt the resolution was made by George Van Horn and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
5) Resolution for grant – Indiana University Center for Art and Design–Columbus (IUCAD-Columbus). –John Burnett and Jack Hess presented. They gave background of the project. This resolution is to help start up the center for 5 years. They are asking private sectors for funding as well. They have reached an agreement with ISMF for the buildout of the property. This was open for public discussion where Mike Lovelace and Kristen Brown both asked questions in which Terry Coriden and John Burnett answered appropriately. Motion to adopt this resolution along with adding wording to include reporting of funds and where those funds go towards was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
6) Annual Report—This will be presented at February’s commission meeting. No action was taken at this time.
7) Claims—There were 2 dockets of claims. Motion to accept claims as submitted was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Jim Lienhoop. Motion was approved unanimously.
8) Strategic Plan Update—The 5 year updated strategic plan was presented to the commission. It was asked that the commission take a look through the document in order to begin the process of adopting the plan. The next step is to present this to the Plan Commission.
9) Staff Report—Continuing to work on the Commons. Completion at the end of February with the celebration at the end of May/beginning of June. The Cole is currently in the hands of HUD. INDNR is having a public meeting Thursday, January 13th for the Outdoor Sports Complex. The feasibility study in nearing completion for the Indoor Sports Complex.