The Redevelopment Commission met in an executive meeting Monday, March 7, 2011 at 12:00 p.m., at 123 Washington St. in the Legal Library, chaired by Tom Vujovich. Other commission members present were: George Van Horn, Rich Stenner, Matt Souza, and Jim Lienhoop. Also present were: Ed Curtin, Director and Terry Coriden, Attorney.
Matters discussed during the executive meeting were those matters previously advertised in the public notice. The board hereby certifies that no decisions were made and that only matters as advertised were discussed.
Call to Order
1) Roll Call—Tom Vujovich, Rich Stenner, George Van Horn, Jim Lienhoop, Matt Souza
Guests—Kristi Putnam, Paul Minnis, Mike Lovelace, Ben Wagner, Travis Tindell, Mark Jones, Jim Dietz, Julie Abedian, Sharon Renfro, Terry Coriden, Travis Perry
2) Approval of Minutes—Motion to approve the minutes as submitted was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
a. February 7, 2011
3) Blackwell Soccer complex request—This request is for up to $350,000 from the Airport TIF to renovate and irrigate the Blackwell Soccer Complex which is Phase 3 and part of Phase 4 of the improvements. It will help attract more tournaments for soccer and other sports such as rugby. It was opened to the public where Mike Lovelace spoke. He wanted to know where the money is coming from for each side to pay for the improvements. Express Club employees answered his question. The motion to approve the request for up to $350,000 from Airport TIF for improvements to the soccer complex was made by Matt Souza and seconded by Rich Stenner. Motion was approved unanimously.
4) Claims—There were 3 dockets of claims. The motion to approve the claims as submitted was made by Rich Stenner and seconded by Matt Souza. Motion was approved unanimously.
5) None at this time
6) Staff Report—Continuing on the Commons. Had an initial inspection and now Dunlap is working to address any issues that came up. Having a 4th Street Stakeholders meeting today. The RFP for the Pump House is out for bid until March 29th at 10am. Working on the Indoor Sports Complex. Working with HUD on the Housing. Having a couple public meetings on the Outdoor Sports Complex and will be going back to Plan Commission in April.