The City of Columbus offers full time (30+ hours per week) employees a variety of benefit options such as paid holidays, health care benefits, voluntary life & ADD insurance, estate planning, identity theft protection and various wellness discounts.
The City offers two SIHO-administered health benefits plans for our employees and their eligible dependents, as well as preventive health care coverage, and an extensive network of in-network providers. One option is a Preferred Provider Plan (PPO), and the second option is a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) which offers a Health Savings Account (HSA) that is portable and can grow over time. The Health Summary Plan Description (SPD) for Medical and Prescription Drug Benefits booklet describes your medical and prescription drug benefits and serves as the Summary Plan Description (SPD) and Plan document for the City of Columbus Employee Benefit Plan (“the Plan”). It sets forth the provisions of the Plan that provide for payment or reimbursement of Plan benefits. You can find it at City of Columbus SPD .
Click the links below for a more detailed account of our benefit options.
- Health Plan Assist – Healthcare OOP Estimating Tool
- SIHO – Heath insurance Benefit Guide – City of Columbus 2019
- Preferred Provider Plan (PPO)- Benefits for the PPO plan
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) –Benefits for the HDHP plan
- Application for Healthcare Savings Account from First Financial – HSA Enrollment Forms for HDHP employees
- SIHO Annual Health Care Act Notifications – SIHO Health Care
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plan for Employees or Spouses 65 and older – Medicare Part D
- Guardian – Dental and Vision Benefits
- Cigna – Basic Voluntary Life and ADD Insurance
- Aflac – Optional additional medical coverage
- Lincoln – Long Term Disability (LTD) Summary of Benefits
- Value Added Benefits