The City of Columbus offers full time (30+ hours per week) employees a variety of benefit options such as paid holidays, health care benefits, voluntary life & ADD insurance, estate planning, identity theft protection and various wellness discounts.
The City offers two SIHO-administered health benefits plans for our employees and their eligible dependents, as well as preventive health care coverage, and an extensive network of in-network providers. One option is a Preferred Provider Plan (PPO), and the second option is a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) which offers a Health Savings Account (HSA) that is portable and can grow over time. The Health Summary Plan Description (SPD) for Medical and Prescription Drug Benefits booklet describes your medical and prescription drug benefits and serves as the Summary Plan Description (SPD) and Plan document for the City of Columbus Employee Benefit Plan (“the Plan”). It sets forth the provisions of the Plan that provide for payment or reimbursement of Plan benefits. You can find it at City of Columbus SPD.
Need Help Deciding What Medical Plan To Choose?
Click here to watch a short video: – Understanding PPOs and HDHPs
- Heath insurance Benefit Guide – City of Columbus 2020
- SIHO Flex Account Reimbursement Form
- How do deductibles work?
- What Flex Accounts am I eligible for?
Preferred Provider Plan (PPO)
- PPO Benefit overview
- SIHO Network Directory Website (Check provider coverage here)
- Inspire Network Directory Website (Check provider coverage here)
High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- HDHP Benefit overview
Got questions: Contact the SIHO Member Services Line at (812) 348-4579 or email email@example.com
Optum Pharmacy Plan Information
DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE (Guardian PPO Plan type)
ADDED VALUE BENEFITS
- Cigna – Basic Voluntary Life and ADD Insurance
- Aflac – Optional additional medical coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan – EmployeeConnect
- Healthy Rewards Program
- Health & Wellness Library
- Protection when you Travel
- Cigna My Secure Advantage
- Identity Theft
- Will Preparation and Estate Planning
- Cigna Life Assistance Program
- LifeServices – Employee Assistance Plan