City of Columbus
Applications can be picked up in the Personnel Office at Columbus City Hall, 123 Washington Street, Columbus IN 47201 or obtained online at www.columbus.in.gov on the Career Link.
Date of Request: 8/2/18
Date Required: ASAP
Department: City of Columbus, Police Department
Position Title: Meter Attendant
Name of Supervisor: Lisa Williams
Salary Range: $31,000- $46,000
Type of Position: Full Time
Application Deadline: 8/22/18
POSITION: Meter Attendant
- A Meter Attendant is familiar with the types of parking violations and locations of parking enforcement throughout the city of Columbus. The Meter Attendant issues parking warnings and tickets to those who violate parking regulations, maintains and enters data, prepares paperwork, appears in court, and interacts with the public in a respectful and courteous manner. In addition, as a possible initial contact to the department, the Meter Attendant must be able to respond to complaints and requests for information.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must not have a felony conviction
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be able to read personnel policies and procedures.
- Writing/typing skills are necessary.
- Must be proficient in using a computer in order to process and maintain information; utilizes word processing and data process software to prepare correspondence, reports and to store data.
- The physical skills necessary include seeing, hearing radio traffic from officers or dispatch on potential violations and ability to walk large areas to check for potential violators.
- Work environment is primarily outdoors and may involve occasional exposure to adverse climatic conditions. (i.e. rain, snow, heat, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively and courteously respond to complaints and requests for information from police officers, co-workers and citizens.
- Must be able to enter, correct and retrieve data from a computer with speed and accuracy
- Must follow all policies/procedures outlined in the City of Columbus Employee Personnel Booklet and Columbus Police Department General Orders, Policies, Rules and Regulations and directives.
- Must maintain confidentiality.