Position: Part-time On-Call Bus Driver
Status: Part –Time
Supervised By: Transit Coordinator
Wage: $13.46 – $19.21
Application Deadline: 9/24/2018
- Under the direction of the Transit Coordinator, driver is responsible for operating a city bus on a predetermined route and maintaining a time schedule. Involves communicating with public, handling route questions, and problems that arise. An On call Driver’s hours can vary, dependent upon demand. An On Call Driver will be asked to drive for a full time driver in their absence, (vacation, sick, personal etc.).
- Drives bus on a predetermined route while maintaining a time schedule.
- Drivers’ responsibility to pick up their schedule for the upcoming week.
- Drivers’ responsibility to keep CDL physical forms, and license up to date. Provide renewal copy to the office for their file.
- Checks bus for safety and mechanical condition prior to starting route
- Cleans, fuels, and washes bus
- Records passenger counts and completes maintenance reports
- Works with public daily and assist them with route and directions
- Must be able to handle various situations
- Frequently works independently and judgment required based on established policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of typical general duties as well as the complexity of the work to be performed by this staff member. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or specific tasks required of this person.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER