It depends upon the type of license or permit. Zoning compliance certificates can be secured through the City Planning Offices at City Hall. The Office of Building and Zoning located in the Bartholomew county offices at Third and Franklin handles building permits. Taxicab licenses, itinerate merchant permits, and sexually oriented businesses can contact the Police Department in order to learn what to do to comply with city ordinances.