The City has established the Community Police Review Board (“CPRB”) in an effort to foster transparency, gain community trust and respond to the needs of residents as they relate to the Columbus Police Department. The Columbus Human Rights Commission provides technical assistance and the Board of Public Works and Safety is the administrative body that oversees the process.
The purpose and aim of the Board are to:
- Provide a systematic means by which to achieve continuous improvement in police community interactions.
- Provide an independent process for review and appeal of formal citizen complaints.
- Add a citizen perspective to the evaluation of these formal complaints.
- Contribute to timely, fair and objective review of formal citizen complaints.
- Provide fair and equal treatment to both community members and police officers.
Citizens interested in serving on the Community Police Review Board should complete the application via the link below and submit to Columbus Human Rights Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Police Review Board Application (PDF)