Department: Water Treatment Plant
Position: Laborer I
Reports To: Superintendent- Water Treatment
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Payrate: $14.61- $21.92 per hour
Deadline: Interviews will start immediately–apply ASAP; deadline February 20, 2019. See www.columbus.in.gov/careers/ for application and how to apply
- Work independently and in teams to perform jobs, sometimes involving other crews, that may include outside contractors. Must entirely complete daily work orders with documentation.
- Position requires individual to work Stand-by on a rotating basis and be called out any time after regularly work hours when necessary.
- Perform manual labor consisting of: mowing, painting, cleaning, scraping, hauling, lifting, and other physically demanding activities based on assigned task. Must be physically fit.
- Perform duties indoors and outdoors with exposure to a variety of weather conditions and environments.
- Perform facility housekeeping (interior and exterior).