Animal Care Services shall be operated in such a manner as to insure the safety, welfare, and humane treatment of all animals and persons the department or its staff come in contact with.
- 24 Hour Service.
- Pick-up of stray, injured or dead animals within the city limits.
- Investigation of complaints regarding unrestrained animals, nuisance problems and neglected or abused animals within the city limits.
- Housing of strays and unwanted pets from the city.
- Animals available for adoption as pets into good permanent homes.
- Return of healthy wildlife to their natural environment.
- Quarantining of bite cases for observation as required by law.
- Humane education and pet care programs for youth, school, and adult groups. A variety of pamphlets, films and other materials are available. Tours of the shelter facility can also be arranged.
- Micropchipping of animals for a cost of $15 per neutered animal and $25 per unaltered animal.