The mission of the Columbus Animal Care Services Department is to protect and enhance the safety, health, and welfare of the animals and residents in our community.
Guideposts and values to achieve our mission
- Education and promotion of responsible pet ownership and wildlife management
- Continued improvement of the save rate of animals in the shelter through increasing
- Rescue and shelter partnerships
- Spay/neuter initiatives and collaborations
- Ongoing facilitation and coordination of Animal Related Emergency Preparedness and Training
SNSI provides low-cost surgery certificates to limited-income individuals and free surgery certificates to 501(c)(3) non-profit animal welfare groups and municipal shelters, including Columbus Animal Care Services. A statewide network of veterinarians graciously discount their services for our clients, and SNSI pays the remaining cost. Since their inception in 1977, SNSI has helped spay/neuter more than 130,000 pets in Indiana.
Click the Pet Friendly Plate image to learn how you can purchase a Pet Friendly License Plate to support SNSI’s efforts.