The Columbus Fire Department is committed to keeping Columbus a fire-safe community that supports and strengthens our ever-growing population of diverse businesses, individuals, and families.
Columbus Fire Department is dedicated to being the best community focused fire and rescue department that meets the ever changing needs of our community while ensuring a safe and secure environment for all through professional development, unity and teamwork.
Columbus Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level public safety services for our community. We protect lives and property through fire suppression, emergency medical response, disaster management, fire prevention and public education.
We, the members of the Columbus Fire Department are committed to the following values in our interactions with coworkers and customers:
- Professionalism – In application, appearance, attitude and standards
- Integrity – Demonstrate honesty and fairness
- Compassion – Demonstrate kindness and empathy
- Responsibility and Accountability– Professionally, personally and fiscally responsible for our actions
- Respect – For each other, our Department, the City Government and our customers, the citizens and visitors of the City of Columbus
- Diversity – Being open-minded and responsive to the uniqueness of our community
- Commitment – In all department endeavors
- Teamwork – Encourage unity and a cooperative attitude
- Health and Safety – Personal and professional health and safety is paramount in fulfilling the mission of the Columbus Fire Department
Prevention is our intention!
Fire Prevention Tips
Fire Prevention Education for Kids