Columbus Transit has five fixed routes with hours of operation:
Monday – Friday
6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Fixed route service is 25 cents per person per trip, payable upon boarding the bus. Fixed Route passes are $5.00 and are good for 25 rides.
- Bus passes may be purchased at our Mill Race Station Depot located at 850 Lindsey Street. (Drivers do not sell passes on the bus.)
- Children up to the age of 18 are eligible to ride the bus free with an Easy Rider Pass. Applications for the Easy Rider pass may be obtained from any route driver. Passes are issued from the transit office and the first pass is free; any replacement passes will cost $5.00.
- Half price fare (10 cents) are available to Senior citizens (age 60 & older ), disabled individuals who qualify, and Medicare cardholders. Show Medicare card or submit an application to the transit office to receive a Half Fare ID Card.
- Bus stop signs are posted throughout each route; however you may catch the bus at any intersection on the route providing it is safe for the driver to make a stop.
- All vehicles are accessible by wheelchair.
- All fixed routes are equipped with bicycle racks. For more information check out the brochure titled, “Rack N Roll”.
- Call A Bus is an “origin to destination” 50 cent ride provided for persons who because of disability, age or injury are unable to access the fixed routes. Call 812-376-2506 for scheduling.
- Forms and applications for Easy Rider, Call-A-Bus, and Transit Half Fare are available at the Transit Center and Online.