The City of Columbus Shared Cost Sidewalk and Curb (SCSC) Program is designed to encourage the reconstruction of residential sidewalks and curbs. Not for profit organizations may also qualify. The City of Columbus will reimburse $4 per square foot of sidewalk and $25 per linear foot of curb, the Applicant pays the rest. There is no application deadline; however, the number of SCSC Program requests approved will be limited by annual funding.
Follow these steps to participate in the SCSC Program:
Complete and submit the online application.
An Engineering staff member will review the application and visit the site to inspect and measure the sidewalk and/or curb.
The City will be responsible for any curb ramps at intersections and any alley approach work.
The Applicant will receive a letter from the City via email or U.S. Mail. The approximate reimbursement amount, as well as other important information, will be included in the letter. Please read this participation letter thoroughly.
- Review the SCSC Program Standard Specifications.
- Applicant hires a qualified contractor or performs the work, if the SCSC Program Standard Specifications can be met.
- Applicant is responsible for any necessary tree removal.
- An approved Improvement in the Right of Way Permit is required prior to the start of any work.
- Prior to placing concrete, all form work must be inspected and approved for compliance with City standards and accessibility.
- The City will not reimburse the Applicant if the SCSC Program Standard Specifications are not met.
Call for an inspection prior to placing concrete. To schedule an inspection with an Engineering staff member, please email email@example.com or call 812-376-2540. 24 hours’ notice is required.
After the work is completed to the Applicant’s satisfaction and has been inspected and approved by an Engineering staff member, the Applicant should pay all contractors and suppliers. The City will not pay contractors or suppliers directly.
Upon completion and submission of required documents, the City will issue a check to the Applicant. Please allow approximately three weeks for receipt of payment.