Completed General Employee Applications can be emailed to email@example.com
The City of Columbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Discrimination in employment because of race, religion, creed, color, natural origin, ancestry, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States is prohibited by City policy. In addition, the City employment policy requires compliance with national and state employment practices, laws and regulations.
Position Title: Part Time Maintenance
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Salary: $8.73-$12.47 per hour
Application Deadline: January 25th, 2019
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Performs a variety of unskilled work in the construction, maintenance, custodial, repair and restoration of airport buildings, facilities, systems and grounds; operates equipment, tools and machines related to the work. Under direct supervision by the Maintenance Manager, the Part Time Maintainer is able to work independently on assigned tasks and as a crew member with a common goal. This is a part-time position and does not include any benefits (such as health insurance, paid time off, etc.). This employee shall work no more than 1559 hours per year, as measured by the “Payroll Year” calculated by the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office.
- Performs minor preventive maintenance on air conditioning and heating units, roll-up doors, mechanical doors and gates, fencing and other equipment. Work includes replacing filters, greasing, etc.
- Performs plumbing work; repairs leaking faucets and pipes; unstops and repairs toilets; unstops drains; inspects grounds, repairs plumbing and irrigation problems as able; patches leaks in roof.
- Replaces light bulbs and tubes.
- Conducts snow removal from airside and landside areas of the airport as a member of the Snow Removal Team using light-duty motorized equipment.
- Shovels sidewalks and other pedestrian areas.
- Paints rooms, hallways, and ceilings; patches holes; primes area for painting.
- Maintains grounds; mows grass, rakes, and performs general landscaping maintenance.
- Performs custodial duties in various airport buildings including, but not limited to, light and heavy cleaning of public and non-public spaces, bathrooms, trash removal, vehicle and equipment detailing.
Position Title: Athletic Facilities Laborer – Two Open Positions Currently Available
Application Deadline: January 22, 2019
Status: Full Time Hourly Non-Exempt
2019 Salary Range: $15.46 – $19.32
Department: Parks and Recreation
Reports to: Athletic Facilities Supervisor
Supervises: 3-5 Part-time/Seasonal Employees
Summary of Functional Responsibilities:
- Carry out the daily management plans for all Athletic Facilities & Hamilton Center Ice Arena.
- Support all Parks and Recreation responsibilities
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Contribute and carry out the management plans for all Athletic Facilities & Hamilton Center Ice Arena.
- Complete all work assigned in a timely manner.
- Work with minimal or no supervision.
- Perform all functions of preventive maintenance in accordance to all standards and procedures.
- Keep inventory of all supplies, materials and equipment.
- Ensure good working relationships with customers, vendors and fellow employees.
- Report for all assigned hours, including weekends, holidays and overtime as designated by the Athletic Facilities Supervisor.
- Implement and support all applicable safety and quality programs.
- Assist with snow removal.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Represent the Parks and Recreation Department in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
- Support Parks and Recreation special events.
- Provide the highest quality customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and in accordance to all standards and procedures.
Interested in joining the Columbus Fire Department team? We are currently accepting applications for the 2019 hiring process. Follow the link below to download and complete our application. All application packets must be postmarked by or hand-delivered to our office before March 31, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. All application packets should be forwarded to this address:
Columbus Fire Department
1101 Jackson Street
Columbus, IN 47201.
Requirements for Employment
The following are the requirements to become a Firefighter with the Columbus Fire Department:
- Must be a United States Citizen;
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must have a valid Driver’s License;
- Must successfully complete all phases of the hiring process to be considered for employment
- Must be at least 21 years old and not older than 35 years old when sworn-in.
- Certified Indiana Emergency Medical Technician due by application deadline
The Columbus Fire Department (CFD) is continually seeking qualified applicants for the position of firefighter. CFD offers a challenging and rewarding career and opportunities to serve the community in a variety of ways. The Department has a tradition of strict hiring standards, extensive training, state of the art equipment and technology, and professionalism.
Our hiring process is a competitive process and is generally conducted once per year. Applicants compete against each other in terms of qualifications and performance in the various phases of the hiring process. While not required, a college education, paramedic certification, previous firefighting experience, and/or military service may improve an applicant’s standing. Those applicants who pass all phases of the hiring process are placed on an eligibility list for future openings. CFD’s hiring process and benefit package are described below.
The hiring process includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Written aptitude test;
- Physical agility testing (CPAT card active within last 12 months, active card must be included with application)
- Mile and a half run (on day of written test)
- 100’ ladder climb (before contingent offer of employment)
- Multiple Interviews
After an offer of employment is extended, the following will be completed:
- Thorough background investigation
- Psychological evaluation
- Medical Evaluation
- Overtime Compensation Benefits
- Updated longevity matrix
- Life Insurance / Health Insurance Plan
- Military Incentive Pay
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program and Health Programs
- Vacation Time and Paid Holidays
- College Credit Incentive Pay
- Public Employee Retirement Fund (PERF)
- Annual Clothing Allowance
- Paramedic Incentive Pay
- Hazardous Materials Team Pay
The Columbus Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of police officer. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and less than 36 years of age when hired. Prospective applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and complete all aspects of the hiring process and training program. College graduates, military veterans, and persons with law enforcement experience are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications can be downloaded online at www.columbus.in.gov/…/info-doc…/sworn-officer-application-2/ or picked up inside the Personnel Office in Columbus City Hall. Applications will also be available in the Columbus Human Rights Office.
The 2019 salary range for a Patrol Officer is $51,428- $62,128. Officers are assigned a “take home” patrol car with usage in Bartholomew and adjoining counties and work 8.5 hour shifts with two weekends off per month. Officers also receive vacation time and paid holidays, shift differential pay (5% for 2nd shift and 10% for 3rd shift), college credit allowance up to $2,850.00, military incentive pay up to $1424.00, clothing allowance of $900 per year, specialty unit pay up to $3000.00 per year. PERF retirement is available after 20 years of service.
Applications will be accepted until February 17, 2019. The first step of the testing process, a written test, will be offered on Saturday, March 2, 2019.
|Position Title:||Software/System IT Consultant|
|Reports to:||Executive Director of Administration & Director of Information Systems|
|Status:||Independent Contractor for Project|
|Application Deadline:||Please submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org; interviews will begin immediately|
General Summary: The City of Columbus is seeking a Software/System Consultant to provide assistance and guidance in the ongoing maintenance and work of the City’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) & Tyler Munis payroll software project. Under the direction of the Information Systems Manager and the Executive Director of Administration, this temporary position is intended to serve as a bridge between the users of the City’s specialized finance, payroll, human resources and benefits operations and the technology solutions that support them.