In November 2023, the Redevelopment Commission approved Resolution #20-2023, which authorized the Redevelopment Commission to execute the Project Agreement with Flaherty & Collins for the referenced mixed-use development located along Washington Street between 6th & 7th Street. In December, the City Council authorized a proposed forgivable loan (which would utilize TIF funds) to the developer per the conditions outlined in the project agreement.
The mixed-use project is currently undergoing design and architectural considerations, but would include:
- Four to five-stories
- Mixed-use with 10,000 square feet of commercial space on the 1st floor
- Multi-family units on the upper floors
There are several economic benefits associated with this particular project:
- Increased employment opportunities
- Increased diversification of economic development in the City
- Improve and promote economic stability, development and welfare in the City
- Encourage and promote the expansion of industry, trade and commerce in the City and the location of other new industries in the City
Below is the proposed location of the project on 6th and Washington Street. Renderings are forthcoming.