In 2018, the Columbus Redevelopment Commission engaged the Hunden Strategic Partners Team, including design professionals from American Structurepoint, to conduct a market and financial feasibility analysis regarding a potential full-service or select-service-plus conference center hotel in downtown Columbus, Indiana.
The Columbus Redevelopment Commission is seeking developer qualifications for the ultimate development of a conference center hotel on one of two sites in downtown Columbus, Indiana. In addition, there is an opportunity for an urban grocery, as well as residential apartment component, on the site in the same or future phase. However, the primary focus of this RFQ is to identify a qualified conference hotel development team. Any other elements will be considered separately and secondarily to the conference hotel.
The primary elements of the project are a branded conference hotel, which can be a full-service “lite” brand or select-service “plus” brand with the following elements:
- 140+/- Guest Rooms
- 9,000+/-SF Divisible Ballroom
- 4,000 – 5,000 SF of Divisible Breakout Meeting Rooms (at least five divisions)
- 3-Meal Restaurant that activates the street and has as much street presence as possible, likely on a corner.
- Parking for the hotel and conference center. Currently estimated to be 380+/- spaces.
- Additional Potential Elements (preferred, but not required): Urban Grocery
- Additional Future Potential Phase (not required): Urban Apartments
Issued: March 15, 2019
Submission Deadline: 5:00 PM CST Friday June, 7, 2019
Many highly qualified submittals were received from multi-faceted teams who could tackle not only the conference hotel, but the grocery and residential as well. As a result, it was decided to take advantage of the opportunity to invite shortlisted teams to propose a mixed-use project that includes all components on both sites.
Phase 1 Environmental Reports