Please remember when recycling to:
- Place all recyclables loose in your toter. Do not bag your recycling.
- Make sure your recyclables are clean, dry, and free of greasy foods.
- Do not place plastic bags in your recycling toter. Plastic bags must be taken to a store drop-off location for recycling.
- Check all plastic for the recycling symbol and number label 1-7. If there is no symbol, do not place it in your toter.
- Break down any cardboard before placing in your toter.
All of the accepted items below can be placed in the same recycling toter, no sorting or bagging required! Although the numbers are relevant to plastics, no styrofoam (even with numbers) is acceptable. While the full list of acceptable materials may vary slightly, residents can typically recycle the following:
Printable Version (PDF)
Still unsure about how to recycle a specific item? Use the Waste Wizard tool below to search for your item, and the tool will give you detailed instructions on how to properly dispose of it. The award winning Columbus Collects tool is also available as an app for your phone or tablet! Never forget your collection day again with your custom calendar, reminders, and notifications!